Digital video marketing is quickly becoming one of the most effective ways to connect with viewers and create a lasting impact. Not only are videos attention grabbing, but they also quickly convey to viewers what you and your brand are all about. Recent research has found that 82% of Twitter users consume videos on the platform, and this number is on the rise. Here are my top 5 ways to maximize videos on Twitter:
- Human touch: Research has found that Twitter videos that feature humans are two times more likely to engage viewers. Featuring people in your video helps humanize yourself and your brand, thereby creating trust and driving consumer engagement. Viewers can relate to the human element and are more likely to remember the video, especially if it elicits a strong emotional response.
- Mobile friendly: Today, the majority of viewers engage with social media on their mobile devices. It has been estimated that 90% of viewers who consume videos on Twitter do so from their smartphone. Therefore it is extremely important to ensure that your Twitter video is smartphone friendly, and meets the dimensions and requirements of mobile devices.
- Short & sweet: In today’s fast-paced world, viewers often don’t have the time to watch a lengthy video. Therefore you should try to communicate within the first 15 seconds what your video is about and keep viewers interested and engaged. Researchers have found that when videos are shorter, viewers tend to be more engaged and watch the entire video – allowing you to get your message across.
- Tell a story: It has been found that Twitter videos that have a structured story arc, with a clear beginning, middle and ending, can grow a viewers purchase intent by 9%. Twitter videos that tell a story and take the viewer on a narrative journey will create a lasting impression, and make the viewer more likely to remember you and your brand.
- Know when to post: As you have probably guessed, it doesn’t just matter what kind of Twitter video you post but also when you post it. There are specific times when viewers are most active on Twitter, and therefore most likely to view your video. To get the most engagements for your video make sure to post it on a weekday between the hours of 12-6 PM. Twitter posts get the highest retweets around 5 PM, likely because Twitter users are 118% more likely to be on Twitter while on their commute home.
The CEO of Twitter recently declared that Twitter has become “a video-centric platform” and videos are now their number one ad format in terms of revenue. Videos are becoming an integral and invaluable aspect of any social media campaign, and these easy tips can help you maximize your Twitter video engagement. Twitter videos are the perfect tool to add to your marketing kit to enhance your social media engagement and business potential.